Sportshall Primary Awards
The Eveque Sportshall Development Team have worked in close partnership with British Athletics to develop the national athletics awards programme. The British Athletics Awards consist of three sections; Sportshall, Endurance and Track and Field.
The British Athletics Sportshall Awards
The British Athletics Sportshall Awards are based on a series of ten familiar Sportshall activities designed to provide a well-balanced measure of skills and fitness. To complete an Award, children must complete any
5 events (for a Pentathlon Award) or all 10 events (for the Decathlon Award). The Sportshall Awards poster (detailing the events) can be found to the right of this page.
The British Athletics Sportshall Award Scheme intends to provide teachers and grassroots athletics deliverers with a framework for curriculum time delivery (Level 1) of Sportshall Athletics and encourages skill development and fitness improvement.
The Sportshall Awards are designed to:
• Provide every KS2 child in the school with an introduction to Sportshall
• Support the teaching of key athletic skills
• Assist preparations for Sportshall competition
• Encourage and reward individual progress
• Engage whole classes, year groups and schools
• Enable intra-school, inter-school and virtual competition
• Monitor and encourage improvement in fitness levels
• Help develop Junior Sports Leaders
SCHOOL CURRICULUM SESSIONS
How to take part:
1. Set up your Awards session by following the Guidance Notes Document – Sportshall Award Teacher Guidance Notes
2. Deliver your session and record your results on the Class Spreadsheet – Sportshall Primary Awards Class Spreadsheet
3. Send your results to email@example.com to have your results entered in the National Virtual League table
4. Buy the Awards badges from the link to the right of the page
Setting up an Awards Session
Awards sessions can be easily delivered by engaging either Junior (Y5/6) Sports Leaders from the school or older Sports Leaders from the local Secondary school and can be a great way to develop their leadership skills. Details on how to setup and deliver the sessions can be found – Sportshall Award Teacher Guidance Notes
Recording the Results
• Printed scoresheets can be purchased from Eveque or alternatively printed freely from the Class Spreadsheet – Sportshall Primary Awards Class Spreadsheet
• Results from performances can then either be calculated manually by following the poster –Sportshall Primary Poster left to right or automatically by entering the results on the Class Spreadsheet.
Monitoring Fitness and Improvement
The Sportshall Awards provide a standard series of tests and a measure by which individuals, classes and schools may be compared against national age group averages.
National Virtual Competition League Table
The Class Spreadsheet automatically calculates a Class Score based on the Top 25 Boys and Top 25 Girls individual event point scores. We will automatically include your classes in the National Virtual League table if you return your completed spreadsheet to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LEVEL 1 & 2 AWARDS FESTIVALS
The Sportshall Award Festival is an ideal competition solution for Level 2 Sportshall Athletics at Years 3&4 and can also be used at Years 5&6.
Competing at a central venue, School Teams should consist of between 8 – 10 children (schools can enter multiple teams). The teams rotate around a series of Sportshall events (at least 5), accruing points for their Team but also for their own individual Award Level.
Following the rotation of Field Events a series of Relays are held to bring the competition to an exciting finale.
More notes on the delivery of an Awards Festival can be found – Sportshall Primary Awards Festival Notes
The Spreadsheet to accompany the competition can be found – Sportshall Primary Awards Festival Spreadsheet
|Sportshall Primary Awards Class Spreadsheet - enabling automatic individual Awards and class Virtual Competition calculation||Sportshall Primary Awards Class Spreadsheet - enabling automatic individual Awards and class Virtual Competition calculation|
|Sportshall Primary Awards Teacher Guidance Notes - detailing the process for delivering Level 1 Awards sessions||Sportshall Primary Awards Teacher Guidance Notes - detailing the process for delivering Level 1 Awards sessions|
|Sportshall Primary Awards Festival Spreadsheet - enabling individual Awards and Level 2 Team competition points calculation||Sportshall Primary Awards Festival Spreadsheet - enabling individual Awards and Level 2 Team competition points calculation|
|Sportshall Primary Awards Festival Notes - outlining the process for the delivery of Level 2 Awards Festivals||Sportshall Primary Awards Festival Notes - outlining the process for the delivery of Level 2 Awards Festivals|