The Sportshall Award is the ideal Personal Best Challenge. It is fun, challenging and accessible to all.
The Sportshall Award is based on a series of ten familiar Sportshall activities designed to provide a well-balanced measure of skills and fitness. To complete an Award, students must complete any 5 events for a Pentathlon or all 10 for a Decathlon.
The Sportshall Awards are designed to:
• Provide every student in the school with an introduction to Sportshall
• Support the teaching of key athletic skills
• Assist preparations for Sportshall competition
• Encourage and reward individual progress
• Enable intra-school, inter-school and virtual competition
• Monitor and encourage improvement in fitness levels
• Encourage the development of Sports Leadership skills
How to take part:
1. Set up your Awards session by following the Guidance Notes Document – Sportshall_Teacher_Guidance_Notes
2. Deliver your session and record your results on the Class Spreadsheet – Sportshall Awards Spreadsheet
3. Send your results to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your results entered in the National Virtual League table
4. Buy the Awards badges from the link to the right of the page
LEVEL 1 & 2 AWARDS FESTIVALS
The Sportshall Award Festival is an ideal competition solution for Level 2 Sportshall Athletics for the Primary age groups (details of which can be found in the downloads section.