Sportshall Associates share and follow the UK Athletics Safeguarding Policy and their codes of conduct below.
Values and Principles
- The welfare and wellbeing of the child is paramount.
- All children, irrespective of age, gender, culture, language, racial origin, religious beliefs, sexual identity or ability have equal rights to safety and protection.
- All suspicions, concerns or allegations of harm will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
Sportshall Associates are committed to working in partnership with all agencies to support and guide with good practice when working with children and young people.
The welfare and safety of children and young people is the responsibility of all those involved in sport whether their role is as a coach, an official, a volunteer, a team manager, a sports development officer or a parent.
Sportshall Associates will:
- Provide and enforce procedures to safeguard the wellbeing of all participants and protect them from harm.
- Ensure all children who take part in athletics are able to participate in a safe and fun environment.
- Respect and uphold the rights, wishes and feelings of children.
- Recruit, train and supervise their employees and volunteers to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect young people from harm.
- Require staff/volunteers to adopt and abide by our Safeguarding Policy and procedures, Codes of Conduct and the relevant grievance, investigatory and disciplinary procedures.
- Respond to any allegations appropriately and implement the appropriate complaints, child protection, disciplinary and appeals procedure.
- Review policies regularly.
Sportshall Associates also have Codes of Conduct specifically for use at Events that they manage and run directly (UK Championships).